Monday, February 12, 2007

About Oshin 'n 'Oshin's Oasis'


Hello Friends!

My name is Oshin.
I welcome you to my blog from the core of my heart.
It's gives me immense pleasure to introduce myself and Oasis to you.
Yes, 'Oshin' sounds japanese (not only sounds infact it is) but I'm a proud indian. You must be wondering - why ‘Oshin’? Story goes like this - 'Oshin' was the most popular TV sop (a lifetime story of a japanese lady named Oshin who once a japanese legend) which was aired during my father's teen-age and this name impressed him to the extent that he finalized this name for his would-be daughter then and there (see, he knew that for sure that he gonna blessed with a bady-girl ten years down the line well before meeting my mum!). Second story says that my father wanted a name that’s unique, pronounces sweet and also means something good at the same time. He says this name quenches his thirst - Oshin sounds different, Oshin sounds sweet, Oshin means sweet i.e. a fawn -baby deer (that's what he thinks, you've the very right to disagree!). Last but not the least, 'Oshin’ is a japanese name which has been derived from a chinese word ‘O-Soshi-Na’ – a chinese dialect which means ‘thank you’.

Now comes "Oshin’s Oasis". Again my father has a close attachment for "Oasis" (he's a crazy, isn't he?). He believes even minnows are worth appraisal if it fights against all odds and ‘Oasis’ is the one word definition to his philosophy. This name “Oshin’s Oasis” has been coined for the common space where me, my parents, friends and beloved ones share their thoughts and emotions (even our house is also named the same). That’s the reason why I named my blog with this name. I would like to share all the happy moments of my life at this location with my beloved ones.

I’ve witnessed five springs and currently I live in the beautiful city of Bangkok in Thailand with my parents as my father is currently posted here on a foreign assignment. I've jumped to Grade 2 this year and study in Tiny Tots International School. My father fiddles around with computers (God know what he does all those hours!) and he only motivated me to crank this blog out as I also like computers - these tiny gadgets changin the world significantly. My mother is an excellent housekeeper. We call her ''Mother India" (even my father!). I'm a Delhite but very vaguely remember early childhood days spent there.We all are enjoying our time being in Bangkok and stay at Oakwood City Residence.
More soon.. keep smiling as it doesn't cost anything and make a lot of difference..

Yours,
Oshin

No comments: