Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oshin loves Bangkok

Back to Homepage

Photo Gallery: Oshin 'n Friends @ Play














We said bye-bye to New Delhi on September, 14th 2006 as we accompanied my father on his foreign assignment to Thailand. I hardly remeber anything of that time but my parents tell that things were all greek 'n latin for us initially. Slowly we started adapting to the local environment and soon Bangkok became my second home and my first few childhood memories start from here.

In Bangkok we stay in Oakwood City Residence - a beautiful abode and place full of very sweet and cordial people. Oakwood is regarded as one of the best serviced apartments for expatiates in the Bangkok city. Sun rises and sets with a pinch of smile in this part of the world. They call it 'a place of thousand smiles'.

I've quite a few friends in Oakwood and have a wonderful time being with them here. East meets west for all of us here as we've friends of all nationalities. We have an awesome childrens' play area beside a big swimming pool in middle of a very green patch amidst the apartment towers.

I study at Tiny Tots International School. I started going to school bit later after coming here, in January 2007. Prior to that, before coming to Bangkok, I used to go to GVK, Hyderabad where I completed my kindergarten-1.

I've lot of fun on weekends as I enjoy with my parents fulltime and go out of the city occasionally. We generally have a very busy and fun-filled moments and we enjoy every bit of it. It starts with getting up early in the morning and going to gym with my parents where they burn their extras while I resume my sweet early-morning nap for another hour on the front office sofa (this was my early childhood routine.. now I'm grown up and continue upstairs!). It's followe by a holy dip in the adjoining pool where we demonstrate our antics for quite some time and a quick shower (or sometimes sauna bath or zakuji if feel like) concludes this morning drill. A delicious breakfast waits for us downstairs by this time at Oakleaf where we enjoy the company of our friends while having breakfast.

We all kids meet at the play area for a quick play session while our parents discuss their daily heroics at the pool side. We call off this play/gossip session in an hours time to go back for my studies. It almost lunch time when I push books back in the bag and my father (sometimes mother!) would be ready with his strange lunch menu. Quick nap followed by shopping or evening walk would call it a day.

During some weekends we also visit some nearby places around or outside the city. I have seen quite a few tourist places including zoos, national parks, beaches, ancient palaces and temples. My school also organizes outings regularly to zoo, parks and kids shows/exhibitions.

I'm enjoying every moment spent in Thailand. People here are very sweet and always care for others. I’m very much impressed with their honesty, discipline and cordial behavior. Streets and markets are very tidy and people don’t litter around. In public places they stand in a queue waiting for their turn and don’t try to take undue advantage whatsoever. Even our taxi driver follows these good etiquettes. I'd also request my elders and friends to take home these gems to make our country and our people more happy and prosperous.

Keep smiling!
Oshin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet... I love you Oshin...